- The Internet Movie Database
- A good place to start.
- Renown Pictures
- A great selection of British B movies
- Movie Mail
- DVDs include hard-to-get Crown Film Unit and GPO documentaries.
- Lost Films
- See if you can help in the missing films search
- George Arliss
- The Arliss Archives - a remarkable collection of facts and memorabilia
- Madeleine Carroll
- The English Rose
- Petula Clark
- From child star to pop star
- Hazel Court
- Hammer darling
- Noel Coward
- The Official Society of The Master
- Walter Percy Day
- Special effects artist on many classic films
- Robert Donat
- Say Hello to Mr Chips
- Diana Dors
- The Blonde Bombshell
- The George Formby Society
- Why not join - ukuleles optional.
- Joyce Grenfell
- One of the most loved figures in British showbiz
- Alec Guinness
- The man of many faces
- Will Hay
- Nice site - with details of his astronomy achievements too.
- Will Hay
- The Next Train's Gone - another Hay site
- Melvyn Hayes
- The child actor has his very own web site - and you can buy signed photos
- Very highbrow discussion on the Master and his works.
- Jack Hulbert and
- 1st couple of comedy
- James Robertson
- If you want to know the bleeding time, this could be the place to go
- Deborah Kerr
- Hollywood's gain - our loss
- Elsa Lanchester
- The Bride of Frankenstein (and Henry VIII, and Rembrandt)
- Charles Laughton
- Never gave a dull performance
- David Lean
- Britain's other great director
- Vivien Leigh
- Scarlett and more
- The Dancing Divinity
- Max Miller
- The Cheeky Chappie has his own society and his own web site
- Laurence Olivier
- The Great God of British Acting
- Donald Pleasence
- More than just a Horror Great
- Powell and Pressburger
- All you need to know about The Archers
- Anne Shelton
- Herbert Smith
- Fascinating glimpse at the career of the producer by his son
- Conrad Veidt
- The Conrad Veidt Society
- Michael Ward
- "What - with tweeds!"
Series & films
- Carry On
- "Oo-oo, Ooh!"
- Great telly, great films.
- Trace the route of the race and find the original locations.
- The Titfield Thunderbolt
- If you like trains...
- Aims to catalogue all the films made by the documentary unit.
- It's a Hot 'un
- Dedicated to Mancunian Studios
British Film Sites
- Still a bit snobby about British films but getting better - now with a
much improved site.
- BFI's new educational site. Sadly only schools and libraries can view
video material, but there's plenty for the rest of us.
- Brit Movies
- Better looking than this site by miles!
- Wicked Lady
- Films and stars from 1930 - 1950.
- Silver Sirens
- Two for the price of one - Joan Greenwood and Margaret Lockwood
- Gaumont British
- Site dedicated to the film company.
- British Cinema Greats
- General site with lots of info.
Odds and Ends
- Joseph Locke
- Popular Irish singer. The site has information on Mancunian Films and Frank Randle
- Publishers with special interest in British film and television
- Vintage Frame
- About old records and those who made them - large section on film appearances
- Lynn's Classic
- Includes Laurence Harvey, James Mason, Ray Milland and Laurence Olivier
- Mailing list for Powell and Pressburger and other Archer team members
- Susan Shaw
- Yahoo group for the British beauty
- The Nine
- Dedicated to the 9.5 mm film gauge. Has information on Hazel Ascot,
Britain's answer to Shirley Temple.
- Sixties Pop
- Dedicated to the days when Britain was Swinging.
- Aims to show publicity material for all Alfred's films
- Horror film site with good British coverage
- Greenwich cinema
- Fascinating pics of 50s cinema advertising
- Reel Streets
- A guide to British film locations
- Elstree Calling
- Dedicated to the famous studio
- Fecken Odeon
- What every village should have
- Southall Film Studios
- Dedicated to unearthing the history of one of our unsung studios